I'm a well-rounded, hard-working team player with 8 years of experience throughout the software development life cycle. I'm dedicated to efficiently solving problems and providing an exceptional user experience through thoughtful web application design and development.
I write uncluttered and understandable code, as well as the requirements specifications, software design, and user documentation to go along with it.
I have experience with a variety of frameworks, libraries, and tools on both the frontend and backend. Some technologies I use day-to-day are:
- Lead teams of engineers on the design and development of training web applications used by the US Navy
- Communicate with engineers, graphic artists, instructional systems designers, and testers to plan, design, develop, test, and improve applications
- Rapidly create application prototypes to confirm project feasibility and transition the prototypes to fully developed applications
- Meet with clients to determine software requirements, demonstrate software, and discuss feedback on applications
- Write and review technical documents including Software Requirements Specifications, Software Design Documents, Training Requirements Documents, Software Users Guides, Software Installation Instructions, Project Proposals, and White Papers
- Deploy and maintain web applications on remote Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud instances
- Facilitate and provide support for beta tests of training applications with US Navy students
- Designed and implemented an iPhone application which displayed upcoming concerts in the user’s local area
- Delivered a formal presentation of my work to fellow scholars and professors